Research studies at the Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies often include community participants. Currently, we are enrolling participants for the following studies:
All of the studies below have been approved by the Brown University Institutional Review Board.
Do you want to stop drinking? Are you or someone you love experiencing unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control alcohol use?
An alcohol dependence research study is being performed at Brown University and is enrolling individuals 18 years old or older to evaluate a medication that may help individuals reduce their craving for alcohol.
- Participants must be 18 years old or older.
- If eligible, study participation involves 9 visits over a 12-week period
- Those eligible will receive study medication and study-related medical care at no cost.
- If eligible, participants will be compensated for their time during the study
For more information call (401) 863-6691 All calls will be held in strict confidence.
14-24 Year Olds Needed for Research Study
- If you are younger than 18, you must have a parent/guardian’s permission to participate
- Weekly visits over 10 week period
- Answer questions about alcohol use on a handheld computer
- You can receive up to $545 in gift cards for participating
- If you are interested, call Jackie at (401) 863-6461 or email email@example.com
Participation is confidential.
Recruiting through 2016.
See our ad on Craigslist.
Current Alcohol Drinkers not seeking treatment interested in participating in a lab study.
The Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies at Brown University is seeking alcohol drinkers to participate in a research study looking at the effects of alcohol cravings on behavior. Participants will complete 3 sessions. Each session will last about 60 minutes. The study takes about 3 weeks to complete. Participants can earn up to $150 for completing the study. If you are interested in participating in this research study:
CALL Rebecca at (401) 863-6614
13-18 year old cigarette smokers needed for a research study!
- A Brown University research study trying to understand cigarette smoking in teens.
- Participation involves 4 confidential sessions held at Brown University where you would complete questionnaires and computer tasks.
- You must be 13 to 18 years old to be in this study.
- If you are younger than 18 years old, you must have your parents' permission to be in this study.
- You can earn up to $180 and will also be compensated for your travel.
If you are interested in learning more about this study, call Tiffany at (401) 863-6672 or e-mail ProjectQuest@brown.edu
Research Sponsored by Brown University
Want to Quit Smoking? If so, you may be eligible to participate in a research study by Brown University investigators examining a medication to help alcohol drinkers who want to quit cigarette smoking. If eligible, participants receive, at no cost, a 6-week supply of nicotine patch and 6 individual sessions with a smoking cessation counselor, and study medication. In addition, participants may earn up to $150 for completing questionnaires and interviews. To learn more about the study, call (401) 863-6684.
Have you received treatment for drinking or drug use in the past year? A 6-month research study is being conducted to compare the effects of smoking cigarettes that vary in nicotine content for 6 weeks. May earn up to $599 in store gift cards.
If interested call: (401) 863-6464 or toll-free at 1-877-374-6577
We need your help! Project R.A.D.A.R. is looking for:
POST 9/11 Returning veterans to participate in a CONFIDENTIAL research study about changes in post deployment health behaviors. Participants will complete three assessments over the course of one year. Participants will be paid for their time For more information, please contact: Project RADAR
Providence VA Medical Center
VA: (401) 457-1491
Brown: (401) 863-6682
This study is sponsored by the Providence VA and by Brown University.
Are you 16 to 18 years old?
We’re looking for people between the ages of 16 and 18 to participate in Project CONVEY, a research study about the attitudes, social environments, emotions, and health behaviors of older teens and young adults.
You will be compensated between $40-$50 for your time and effort. Those selected for a brief, online follow-up survey will be compensated an additional $25-$35.
When/where: This study is being conducted at multiple locations. You can select a place and time that fits your schedule.
For more information, or to sign up:
Go to: http://goo.gl/1TD8Yk
or Call: 401-863-6690