Research studies at the Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies often include community participants. Currently, we are enrolling participants for the following studies:
All of the studies below have been approved by the Brown University Institutional Review Board.
Do you want to stop drinking? Are you or someone you love experiencing unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control alcohol use?
An alcohol dependence research study is being performed at Brown University and is enrolling individuals 18 years old or older to evaluate a medication that may help individuals reduce their craving for alcohol.
- Participants must be 18 years old or older.
- If eligible, study participation involves 9 visits over a 12-week period
- Those eligible will receive study medication and study-related medical care at no cost.
- If eligible, participants will be compensated for their time during the study
For more information call (401) 863-6691 All calls will be held in strict confidence.
14-24 Year Olds Needed for Research Study
- If you are younger than 18, you must have a parent/guardian’s permission to participate
- Weekly visits over 10 week period
- Answer questions about alcohol use on a handheld computer
- You can receive up to $545 in gift cards for participating
- If you are interested, call Jackie at (401) 863-6461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is confidential.
Recruiting through 2016.
See our ad on Craigslist.
Non-Treatment Seeking Alcohol Dependent Individuals Interested in a Lab Study at 121 South Main St: Mood and Behavior Study We are seeking heavy drinking men and women ages 18-65 to participate in a NON-TREATMENT lab study at our 121 South Main Street site, examining the effects of mood on behavior. Study participation involves 3 visits over a 3-week period. Each session lasts about 90 minutes. Participation is confidential. The study involves viewing pictures and listening to music during two of the sessions. Earn up to $117 if study completed!! Interested? Call Rebecca at 401-863-6614 or email us at MandBStudy@brown.edu.
Want to Quit Smoking? If so, you may be eligible to participate in a research study by Brown University investigators examining a medication to help alcohol drinkers who want to quit cigarette smoking. If eligible, participants receive, at no cost, a 6-week supply of nicotine patch and 6 individual sessions with a smoking cessation counselor, and study medication. In addition, participants may earn up to $150 for completing questionnaires and interviews. To learn more about the study, call (401) 863-6684.
Participants needed for a PAID research study at Brown University. This 6 session study investigates the effects of commonly-used drugs on mood and brain activity as assessed through an MRI brain scan. If you are a regular drinker between 21 & 65 and in good health, call (401) 863-6645 or email email@example.com.